Friday, March 27, 2009

Back Home


Reasons Why New York City is Fantabulous:
(I'm reminiscing now that I'm home and just finished organizing all our photos.)

1. Central Park. You have to see it for yourself. We walked, rode the carousel, people watched...



2. Broadway Shows. We watched three shows (yup, broke the bank on this one): Mary Poppins, Shrek, and the Lion King. The sets are amazing!

3. The MET (Metropolitan Museum of Art). Totally fantastic museum that left the creative part of me uber inspired.

4. Food. Everywhere you wander, there are deli's, restaurants, cafes, etc. I especially loved the cupcakes (the ones made famous by Sex and the City & The Apprentice).

5. Energy...there's a vibrant energy about the city.


6. MOMA (Musuem of Modern Art). Loved the art here! Have seen Monet's before but the large, three-panelled canvas here of his water-lily garden in Giverny was downright amazing.

7. Brooklyn Tabernacle. We woke up early and took the subway to attend church here this past Sunday. Yes, the choir was fantastic but more than that, you could really feel God's hand on this church.

8. Dinosaur bones at the American Musuem of Natural History. It's incredible to imagine these monstrosities roaming the earth.

9. The Strand Bookstore, which sells new and vintage books. I found a vintage, 1977 Fodor's Italy Travel Guide for $1 which I'm enjoying skimming through.

10. FAO Schwartz. I'm sad they closed the one in Seattle. I was especially intrigued by the muppet workshop. For $130, you too can design a muppet a la Jim Henson.


1 comment:

Brittany Ann said...

I'm going to New York next week, and I'm was so excited when my friend said she had to take me to the Strand! Good to know it's a must-see!