Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Another Classroom Tale

Today we were brainstorming our favorite places for a poem we were going to write. Unsurprisingly, one of the kids suggested Disneyland and all the other children jumped onto the mousified bandwagon. It seemed liked every last one of them had been there sometime in their short 7 year existence. Out of pure curiousity, I asked them to put up their hand if they really had visited Disneyland. All but two put up their hands and the two little girls who had never been before started to look slightly sad and left out. Trying to make them feel better...

Me: Don
't worry. I was 12 when I first got to visit Disneyland. It's not really the happiest place on earth. There are lots of screaming kids.

Lil Boy in My Class: YEAH! And it's NOT the place where dreams come true! When I went there, I wished for a Nintendo DS and I never got it!

So young. Already jaded.

No comments: