1. I was born in Singapore.
2. At 16, I actually failed my driver’s road test but sweet talked the tester into passing me anyways (she actually told me not to tell anyone) and I got my license that day.
3. I started dating my husband when I was 19 and we dated for almost 5 years before getting married.
4. One of my students told me I’m scary when I am reprimanding certain children in the class. I think a little fear of authority has never hurt anyone.
5. I secretly thought I could become the next Kristi Yamaguchi in my pre-teens, having never taken a single skating lesson.
6. I truly love my job as a teacher but my secret (or not-so-secret) side-career ambition would be to get paid for scrapbooking and making crafts.
7. When I was 4, I was the proud owner of 2 lovebirds. My mom sprayed them with insecticide accidentally and my dad had to buy me 2 more. The same thing happened again a few days later and my Dad refused to buy me anymore.
8. In university I would look at my friends who blew all their money travelling with disdain, thinking they were wasting all their money. I now know how wrong I was and I have become them.
9. If I did not become a teacher, I would have enjoyed being a graphic designer, interior designer or wedding photographer.
10. I look forward to buying a townhouse in the next year purely so I can make myself the ultimate craft/sewing/scrapbook studio.
11. The Husband and I made a pact when we got married, that we would go away every school break and long weekend that we had, and have kept to that pretty well.
12. I wanted to marry someone who was a teacher (for summers off together), a PK (pastor’s kid who would understand where I was coming from), and musical (who could sing me down the aisle). That all became my reality. Weird huh?!
13. I am a compulsive cleaner who must have everything tidy and clean. The first thing I do when I get home is put everything in its right place.
14. I had never been a dog lover and was secretly scared of dogs until we bought our puppy Leila. (I’m still afraid of big dogs)
15. I’m a teacher at the school I grew up in, teaching with some of my former teachers and in the same classroom where I spent many hours as a student. I have many déjà vu moments while at work.
16. I love my life and am terrified that something horrible will happen to shake it all up
17. I get asked all the time when I will have a child. I’m so tired of answering, "I still want to travel and sleep".
18. I dislike eating fruits, vegetables and dairy products. Give me carbs and meat.
19. I got engaged in Paris
20. In high school I was a high jumper and could jump my own height minus 3 inches.
21. This past summer (thanks to my cousin) I got to pose as a travel writer and was comped extraordinary hotel rooms, spa treatments and food.
22. I have put on at least 5 pounds in the last 3 years since I was married.
23. I am a Chinese who does not speak Chinese. I speak only English to my Chinese grandparents.
24. I still sleep with a special blanket that I’ve had for a long time and miss it when we go away. Every so often, my husband threatens to throw it off the balcony.
25. I love paper and pens, and have a huge collection of both. The first time I travelled to Japan, my main goal was to buy awesome pens.
7 hours ago