Thursday, September 11, 2008

Excuses 101




I like to think I have high expectations on how my students complete their work...you know, neat printing, detailed writing & pictures, and fully colored drawings.


Lil Boy: Mrs. Lai, I'm finished. Can I hand it in?

Me: Let me see... you need to at least add more detail to your drawing and color it. You're in grade two now.

5 minutes pass....I wander around the room checking on the other kids and then go back to Lil Boy

Me: You haven't done anything since I last talked to you. You need to color the house in your picture.

Lil Boy: No, I'm not going to.

Me:(halfway to exasperation) What do you mean you're not going to?

Lil Boy: I don't need to. It's a glass house.

Me: [grrrr...I hate being outsmarted by a 6 year old]


P.S. He is NOT done his work...there's still tomorrow.

No comments: