Friday, April 25, 2008

A Perfect Stranger


Last night, the husband and I took the dog for a late night walk along English Bay. While walking, we approached a lady in her 60's with her grown children. She took an immediate interest in Leila, petting her, cooing at her and eventually picked up OUR dog to cuddle her. Then she stated, "I have something you need", reached into her purse and fumbled around for something. I was slightly worried. She eventually pulled out a folded sheet of yellowing paper with these typewritten words on it, handed it to me and said, "You can learn lots from you dog".

After a particularly rough day, it was just what I needed. Thanks fellow dog lover, whoever you are!


~ Click the photo to read ~

My favorite line...Avoid biting when a simple growl will do!


On a teaching note, one of the little boys in my class was late for school today. As I held the door open to let him in and greeted him, Good Morning, he sweetly smiled at me and said, I'm sorry I'm late for school Mrs. Lai. I had to take a last minute poop.
Good enough reason for me!


No comments: